Saturday, August 29, 2009

Chocolate Milk Shakes. . .kind of

I went to this enrichment about food storage and they passed out a few recipes one of them was

Food Storage Magic Milk Shakes

This tastes similar to a Wendy's frosty
1 1/2 -2 cups ICE water-really cold
1 1/2 cups non-fat dry milk powder
2/3 cup sugar (I use Splenda)
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2-3 cups ice cubes (I prefer a lot of ice)
2 Tbsp vegetable oil (yes, really- it's an emulsifier)

Place ALL the ingredients in the blender, including the oil. With lid on, process for two minutes. Makes about 4 shakes.
**the notes that are in here are from the person I got it from

So I thought I would try it, a frosty sounds good and I am not sure where a Wendy's is at in this city. They turned out pretty good, okay not Ben and Jerry's good, but good enough that if you are craving a chocolate milk shake and don't want to leave your house or are looking for ways to use that powdered milk give it a shot, your kids just might like it too.

2 comments:

amydear said...

A ha! I couldn't picture you putting splenda into something that is supposed to taste like a Frosty. And I'm sorry there isn't a Wendy's close to you. Is there a DQ? Certainly not a WD. : )

caligirl said...

NO....It kills me to think my very favorite form of ice cream...wendy's frosty has oil in it:-) I guess I will just have to find a new fav:-)
You guys look great. Keep in touch!