Saturday, March 12, 2011

We finally finished school!!

It all happened in December. I have been waiting to blog about this for a long time, but when it finally happen so did life so here we are three months later. And now what to say about it? Were done and it feels great.

One of the last things Joe had to do is present his research, so while we were waiting for his turn we were hanging around the clinic. This was his cube. We let the kids be a part of this day because they were not able to come to the actual graduation dinner.


I am not sure how many cases Joe completed but it was a lot (maybe 60). To give you perspective some people only finished 28-30. He did a great job and as one Dr put it is a legend. I am so proud of all that he was able to accomplish and he never complains about doing it all while still keeping up with all his other responsibilities.


He was one of the last ones to present so it went fast. The kids all made it without being too noisy. Then we went to dinner at one of St Louis' famous Hill restaurants to enjoy toasted ravioli.


Okay not the best picture but this is graduation night. They did a dinner and program. It was a fun way to celebrate all Joe's hard work.

Most of his classmates, the older guy is Dr Gus who I am not sure if he works at the school or is just a part of the school at this point. He did a poem for each of them as part of the program.



Joe's parents got to come celebrate and the kids got to spend the night with our dear friends(that I miss SO much).

That was the fun part of being done the next part MOVING. Not so fun.

4 comments:

klortz said...

Congratulations!!!Jan, that is so exciting! I seriously need to call you. I can't believe how long it's been since we've talked. Is your phone number the same? If not, email it to me and I will call you this week. I just wrote it in my planner. By the way, you look AMAZING!!!!!

Julie M. said...

Hooray! We miss you! Good luck in all your new adventures!

mama bear said...

Way to go Joe!! Jan, I am dying to know where you are now! I heard rumors you're in the pacific NW, is this true? Can't wait for the next installment!

Paradise said...

You look so good! I love your hair. Yeah for graduating! Congrats to Joe for being a legend. Hurray for working! And here's to paying off student loans super fast. Thanks for the invite. You guys are great!